Thursday, January 31, 2013

Comfort Food

It is extremely cold here in Ohio right now. I love to bake foods that warm us up inside and out. Tonight, one of my favorite comfort foods - Enchiladas!! I am featuring two different ones here on the blog, but I also made a simple one of refried beans and cheese wrapped in corn tortillas and topped with red sauce and more cheese. I made a total of 4 pans today. The hubby took one to work to share with the guys. I love the way the house smells when these are baking - reminds me of grandma's house! There was always food cooking and someone in the kitchen. Eating out was not a thought at my grandparents. And you know what?  They made the best food ever! I hope I am making food memories for my kids :)
Spinach and Mushroom Enchiladas vs. Beef and Cheese Enchiladas
Spinach and mushroom filling in a corn tortilla.

Spinach and Mushroom Enchiladas topped with a jalapeno cream sauce and cheddar cheese.
Shredded beef filling with green chilis, onion, and garlic. 
Shredded Beef and Cheese Enchiladas with red sauce.

I hope I inspired you to go make your own comfort food. I wish you all could actually taste these because they were just magical!! Please tell me what your favorite comfort food is and why it has special meaning to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment