Monday, July 11, 2011

10 Reasons I Want To Go To Virginia Beach


It is vacation time and I always get asked, "Where do you want to go on vacation?" There are many places I dream of going, but to be practical, I decided that I am much more likely to go on vacation to a U.S. destination. I am a lover of the beach and water so this pick was a no brainer- Virginia Beach. And here is why:

1. Most hotels and resorts are right on the shore front, so nice to just walk to the beach! There are over 50 hotels along Virginia Beach!

2. The boardwalk. Yes! Virginia Beach has a boardwalk!! It stretches from 4th Street to 40th Street and there is a bike path too!

3. The ocean front dining. I am a foodie and dream of eating fresh crab cakes and sushi at casual dining establishments such as Mahi Mah's and Ocean Eddie's.

4. The golf courses. My fiance' is an avid golfer and would love to brag to his friends that he played on the Arnold Palmer Signature Course at Bay Creek. The course is so beautiful! Many golf courses to choose from.

5.The nightlife. You can relax at one of the many bars or clubs along the beach. I wouldn't mind sipping a Fat Tuesday margarita from Guadalajara's Mexican Restaurant while listening to the waves hit shore.

6. The fishing. I would love nothing more than to catch my own tuna. There are many chartered fishing boat services available if you want to go out in the ocean and fish.

7. The attractions. There is a plethora of amusement parks, water parks, and theaters near Virginia Beach. I could really go for a music concert at the Virginia Beach Amphitheater!

8. The water activities. My family could spend all day renting jet skis, para sailing, or surfing. Not a water fan? They also offer mountain bike tours and ballooning!

9. The boat tours. How exciting to go dolphin or whale watching at sunset! I can't think of anything more relaxing than being on a boat enjoying the sunset and seeing the dolphin play. Spectacular.

10. The beach. My idea of a vacation is lounging on the beach let the kids play in the sand while looking out on the ocean. Nothing compares to the salt air, warm sandy beaches, and beautiful blue waters!

Now, how can you tell me you wouldn't want to visit Virginia Beach after reading my reasons? I am fortunate to live close enough to Virginia Beach that we could drive there in about 12 hours. It is a great family getaway or a couple's getaway if you prefer. I am certain it would make for great vacation memories either way! Virginia Beach, I hear you calling me!




“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here."

No comments:

Post a Comment